Thursday, December 4, 2014

My studio, my dad, a Christmas painting and gifts on Etsy


Hi! Today I'm sharing a few things I wanted to share, so I am. 
I'm sharing :)
Above, a sketch - Birds, suitable for framing.


My dad turned 73 on Tuesday Dec 2nd - hard for me to believe. Happy Birthday dad!


He likes waving to me once I'm on the train at the Amtrak station in Richmond. 
Always makes me happy.


Lately, I've been attempting to declutter my space where I live and work.
It's not easy for me. I hang onto things, but it feels nice to let go. I feel lighter. I think.
I moved a couple of paintings. Cata Caquinho, above, now hangs in my living room. 


This is Cattie, a cute Steiff cat from childhood. No, I would never give her up.


This is a corner of my studio/kitchen area. It probably still looks cluttered to many of you, 
but for me, it's good. And, I've moved a bit more since this, too!


Crash Bunnies is now above my drawing table, along with dogs, Ruben & Cooper
Pirate bird and others...


I painted this little winter scene last week.


It's bun's 1st Christmas.


I recently had to get a crown after cracking my back tooth on a pistachio :/
My new dentist is Pasha on 5th Ave and 17th St, Brooklyn.
I think he did a fine job, although my temp popped out eating a breakfast burrito!
Time will tell.
This photo was taken along 4th Ave and you can see, the light was fantastic that day. 


Above, is the lovely, talented Yuko Katakawa at this year's CBIG portfolio review.
It's held each year at a public school on the Upper east Side.
I just love this little cape-coat! 
I thoroughly enjoyed my meetings with Beth Terrill, editor North South Books
and Patti Ann Harris, now at Scholastic. It was a great experience. 
CBIG does a good job of organizing it all. I'm really happy to be a part of this group.


Now, onto gifts! I gave this to my friend, Margaret as a little house warming present. 
She likes whales and this one from Clayopera on Etsy couldn't be sweeter! 
Take a look at her other ceramic pieces, all fun and whimsical.


My sticker :)


If you're shopping for charming toys this year, Hazel Village makes super cute animals,
like these two. I found them at the Union Square Holiday Market last winter.


little tree


My Christmas and holiday cards are available in my Etsy shop, Blip Blop Shop 
take a peek :)


An inkling of an idea - overindulgent animals...
You know who you are!
:::
It's almost the weekend. Have a fun one!
xo, A

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails