Friday, July 6, 2012

Ohhhh, the Dog Days of July


Illustration Friday chose my word SUSPEND as this week's challenge!
If you don't know about this site, take a look. It's a fun way to have your work seen
or to find something fresh out there. No need to be a pro to enter, simply 
illustrate the week's new topic for a chance to have your piece selected and
showcased the following Friday :) 

This week's winner for last week's topic "Refresh" by Liz Apple
:::
*that happy adorable dog above is not mine :o/
My friend, Melissa, recognized him and owner from a 
Park Slope dog run, great face & demeanor.
We were at a great little cafe called Cafe Madeline 
delicious sandwiches, on Sullivan Street Bakery bread,
refreshing drinks like Watermelon-Mint Aqua Fresca 
& Blueberry Lemonade, plus a very nice staff and atmosphere.
Wish they would open up one in Carroll Gardens*

Love a nice porch

We were working in the lovely neighborhood of Ditmas Park Brooklyn.
There are some stunning Victorian houses (mansions) and beautiful trees 
that create an oasis from the busier sections of Brooklyn, while being within 
walking distance of more typical streets with delis, shops & restaurants.

Love a nice doorknob 


I went with my friend, Robin to Cold Spring, NY on the 4th


Here, she presents kissing couple in Grand Central


A fellow scenic artist threw a party at, what he calls, 
his "hut", right on the water! 
1st we stopped into some cute shops and antique stores.


Such a charming town, can't believe this was my 1st visit.



This is Main Street


glimpse at the tiny parade

Wish I could remember the name of this store with great mannequins.


She sells an array of Blue Q products and I got a sweet hat.

awesome

Bijou Galleries

This guy looks like he could put a spell on you.
I resisted purchasing him.

Bijou Galleries

Had "Happy Hounds" been the original, and not a print, I would
have considered buying it. Despite the beagle looking quite sad. 

love this box from Kismet at Caryn's antique shop


Down by the Hudson



little train filled with kids drives down the quiet street

quaint home


View from my friend's house. I love my camera, but it takes 
lousy pictures at night, so very little to show after 8p.
 Hopefully, you've had your fill of fireworks photos!





 I love my cast iron bookends (above) and a pair of earrings I bought 
at Bijou on Main Street. The owners could not have been nicer or more
helpful. I'd love to return with a vehicle for furniture,
some real beauties, at reasonable prices, too!


Enjoy your weekend!
xo, A

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails