Sunday, December 13, 2009

November, I hardly knew ye


November was a busy month for me, so it went very quickly. Since I started this blog, I tend to have my camera with me most of the time and I can't resist sharing photos I'm fond of, whether they document projects or just make nice looking images. These are from a clever & funny Dunkin' Donuts commercial I worked on. I made some signs, aged props and varnished pieces of toast among other things...


We filmed on location on Crosby between Houston and Bleecker Streets.
I'm a fan of vintage cars in general and it's always fun to see the picture cars rented for particular films and commercials.


Tough grips waiting for their next task!

I appreciated this sign for Star Shoe Repair and had them fix my favorite pink watch at lunch. I had been carrying it around with me for months :)


This building on Bleecker is one of the most beautiful in NYC in my opinion. I just love all of the intricate detail!


Above, a food stylist trims the perfect strips of "bacon". Wish I had taken pics of their delicious looking fake donuts. Below is my mess of a table, we were now shooting in a carpet warehouse in Williamsburg, Bklyn.




Below are photos taken from the 59th Street Bridge on the way from Brooklyn to Midtown Manhattan. It was a gorgeous day as you can see and I got a nice shot of the Roosevelt Island Tram.




Our destination was East Side Social Club on 51st St. between 2nd & 3rd Ave. My friend and fellow scenic, Bryon Finn took on a restaurant project. Below they are prepping to place tiles on the facade.

Unfortunately, I did not take any true "before" photos, but this was about 1/3 of the way into it's progress. The look is old Italian Social Club. Our goal was to take all of the bare wood, layer various stains and then distress it in a way so that it appears the restaurant has been around for many years. We painted and glazed a beautiful embossed anaglypta wallpaper and Bryon painted a "Bay of Naples" mural for the back wall.



It was a lot of work and a pleasure to see finished! Happy Massee designed the space. There are a number of owners with a great deal of experience between them. The two partners we worked with were Patrick Fahey, also the contractor and Billy Gilroy, who has made it a real family affair :D His son is the head chef, his daughter, general manager, while his brother is running the front. It's open for business and the food is delicious as are the cocktails!! Try it! Open from 6:45A-4A


Great little public park on 51st across from restaurant.

Always surprises me when, by chance, a paint stir stick looks like a little painting.

Mom bought me these flowers while she was in town. We saw a great play with stellar performances by Daniel Craig & Hugh Jackman in "A Steady Rain". Also had the privilege of seeing NY Times Center interview with the brilliant writer, John Irving promoting his new book, Last Night in Twisted River.


Walking to C train on Spring Street, noticed how sweet these row houses looked.


Home at last! Smith and 9th Street Station has great view of the Big City :D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Easily I acquiesce in but I about the list inform should prepare more info then it has.

Unknown said...

what the??

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails