Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Ava & Coco in Paris


Today I finished painting this scene for a lovely little girl named Ava.
Here she is walking her dog, Coco down a charming street in Paris.
Every little (and big) girl's dream :)


Her patisserie is based on the beautiful iconic,
Laduree. Their macaroons are all over boards on Pinterest,
for obvious reasons.



The painting is 24" x 36" and will fit perfectly in a spot above her bed.


I tried to keep it loose and painterly and I just had to include other dogs,
a couple of birds and kitty cats :)






While looking through my own photos and reference pics online, for which there is no
shortage, I had to finally stop. Paris is so exquisitely beautiful and full of
charm, that even illustrating it for a child's room becomes a daunting task.


I hope that Ava will get to experience this wonderful city one day.
For now, I hope this painting encourages sweet dreams.

Have a swell midweek!
xo,
A

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails