Sunday, June 30, 2013

Summer: Art for Kids, Gifts for Me


Meet the Ramblings 


The Rambling Raccoons share a love of adventure, dance, swimming and 
a taste for salty treats, they're living ! la dolce vita ! 
I want to see them on fabrics, wallpaper, gift wrap, tableware, and more.


I think there could be some cute story lines for these characters, too.


Meet Caramel


Claude


Little Rocco


Sammy


Lizbet


Mr Rambling and Sally


Chip


This is Dogs, mostly... I think this pattern would make fun gift wrap or pet bedding :)
Both designs were just added to my Society 6 Shop as prints
* Take a look *
Plus, if you buy something by midnight tonight, the Shipping is FREE!


Last Sunday I went to the Renegade Craft Fair,
now held in East River State Park in Williamsburg. 
I didn't spend as much time browsing as I have in years past, but 
I wanted to mention some favorites. 
Caitlin Wicker creates these precious one-of-a-kind stuffed animals.


My photos do not do justice to the fine craftsmanship and 
charm of each animal. For that, you should visit Caitlin's site.


I bought these 2 hats from Phil & Sara of Rocks and Salt
Their etsy shop has many designs from which to choose & in different sizes.


When my friend saw me in this red one, she went back for one herself :)
I would pose in it, but it looks good on bear.


I love the Viva Zapata bags and wallets designed by
Tania Carol-Lugones! Each one is made from the same vinyl used 
on bus seat covers in Buenos Aires, the colectivos. 
Tania couldn't have been more fun & charming to chat with and
by coincidence, she is good friends with one of the
coolest women I know, Ximena Diego :)


Above, is the bag I chose. I love love love it!

I also bought some cute fabric from Jumping Birds.
Granted, my enthusiasm outweighs my ability to sew, but ya never know.
My other faves at the fair included charms & necklaces by Oceanne
notebooks by MyZoetrope (i bought "Spiffy" the fox)
stuffy historical figures by Late Greats


Can you guess who these greats are?


and pillows & custom pet pillows by Broderpress *a must see for pet owners!


My friend, Robin took this picture of me with my painted door at If I Were A Toy store
in Carroll Gardens, Brooklyn.
Stop by this awesome shop for great toys, games, puzzles, gifts & kids' cuts.
Make sure to say Arghhhhh to Pirate Bear and his buddies in search of hidden treasure!
:::
Have a great week!
xo, A

2 comments:

Natasha K. said...

Thanks for the mention Allyn, love your fun blog! Wasn't the fair a lot of fun? Hope you enjoy your fabric :)

Happy sewing!

Natasha K.
www.etsy.com/shop/JumpingBirds
www.facebook.com/JumpingBirds

Unknown said...

Hi Natasha,
Thanks for taking a look at my blog! If I actually make something, I will share it :) I "liked" you on FB & Etsy.
Have a fun 4th!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails